Your Garden Gym
A garden gym of your very own. A space where you can look after yourself and enjoy exercise.
Why Choose a Garden Gym? – A garden gym is the perfect way to gain versatile additional space to your property. Any garden building from Swift has the beauty of flexibility. What could be built for you to use as a gym today, could be a garden office in the future years, or a spare room for the occasional overnight guest.
“The building team worked like clockwork, always arriving on time and leaving the garden tidy.”
- Running machine, rower, bike, cross-trainer…
- Floor exercise and stretch-out area
- Weight machines, benches and frames
- Weight and equipment racks
- Sitting / relaxation zone
- Cross trainer (you reach heights significantly above your body height on some models)
- Free weightlifting
- Anti-Gravity Yoga
If additional ceiling height is essential, then this may be achieved by locating your garden gym further away from the boundary (if possible and acceptable). Higher structures are permitted which will give greater headroom. Alternatively, we can discuss applying for planning permission for a taller building.
Windows and Doors
- Which way does the building face? – does lots of sunshine appeal, or a little more shade?
- Do you require lots of wall space for equipment and / or mirrors?
- Will the room be used for other uses – general family space, office, etc?
- Do you want to be able to open the room up to the garden?
Will this room need to be adapted to other uses in the future? For instance, if you were to move to a new house then the new owners may be more excited over an art studio or children’s room. The doors and windows have a big impact on the appearance, usage and, sometimes, cost of your garden gym, so we will help guide you when you have clarified your priorities.
Heating and Cooling
- Air conditioning/climate control: Perfect for cooling and for economical heating in the winter. Simple, to use, not too intrusive, though there will be the external unit to position. This is always a popular choice.
- Underfloor heating: A gentle heat that suits yoga. No intrusion of wall or floor space and accurate controls. This is not suitable for placing under heavy equipment or thick matting so may not be the best choice for multi-purpose gyms.
- Opening Windows and doors: If you like fresh air, then this is the answer. The size of openings and the ability to create a through draught is important, even in poor weather.
- Window blinds: To protect against solar gain, blinds can be important. Integrated into the glass or simply attached to window surrounds – we can advise.
- Inside/Outside area: Would you like to take your workout outside or have space for an outdoor relaxation area?
- Toilet/shower facilities
- Flooring: The type of flooring must make for a safe, hygienic, robust and attractive room
- Electrics: In addition to the electrics that are included as standard in your new room would you also need a wall mounted TV, sound system, floor sockets for equipment, internet or a security system?
Take a look at our helpful, short garden gym video above.
Why Choose Swift?
- All clients are provided with deposit protection and insurance backed warranty.
- All our garden rooms are fully insulated for year-round use, using superior quality SIP panels.
- All buildings include the highest quality double glazed doors and windows, Aluminium or UPVC.
- All prices include VAT and include reasonable delivery and full installation
Our friendly team is based in Adlington, in the beautiful Cheshire countryside. We have multiple installation teams and build garden rooms nationwide. Most of our buildings are completed in under 2 weeks.
“I would not hesitate in recommending Swift to anyone looking for a beautiful and bespoke home gym – you will not be disappointed!”