Modern garden rooms in Derbyshire
Developing modern garden rooms in Derbyshire!
Derbyshire offers spectacular Peak District scenery and the county is a popular area for a variety of recreational sports such as rock climbing, hill walking, hang gliding, caving, sailing on its many reservoirs, and cycling along the many miles of disused rail tracks that have been turned into cycle trails. In Jane Austen’s novel Pride and Prejudice, Pemberley—the country home of Fitzwilliam Darcy—is situated in Derbyshire.
Its remoteness in the late 18th century and an abundance of fast-flowing streams led to a proliferation of water power at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, following the mills pioneered by Richard Arkwright. For this reason, among others, Derbyshire has been said to be the home of the Industrial Revolution, and part of the Derwent Valley has been given World Heritage status.
Among these peak, dales, valleys and all of the other glorious scenery that Derbyshire has to offer, wouldn’t it be wonderful to create an outdoor space to appreciate it? A place where you can fully immerse yourself in your passion, whether it be professional or as a pastime.
A Swift garden room will be so much more than “fit for purpose.” It will function perfectly for your chosen activity and be somewhere where you can immediately feel comfortable, inspired and content.
One recent example of a successful installation is a working art studio that was tailor-made to fit into an unusual shaped garden in the valley village of Whaley Bridge. The room is purposefully understated from the front whilst at the rear a compact set of bi-fold doors open up to a view across the town to hills and water beyond. A small sink, fitted worktops and a skylight, plus bespoke shelf racking make this great combination of form and function. Most importantly, our client loves it, and works far more efficiently and creatively there.
- Space to relax, maybe listen to your music, watch your cinema system or read your book
- An art studio, perhaps a place to enjoy your hobby
- A home office or treatment room in which to work or carry out their business
- More space for children and teenagers, somewhere safe and independent
- Extra sleeping accommodation for a dependent relative
What are the key qualities that they are looking for?:
- A quality building system that is robust, permanent and looks fantastic
- A speedy and dependable build process with reasonable lead times and efficient installation times
- A design service that focuses on what you desire from your building
- A company that is reliable and trustworthy, as well as solution focussed and friendly
- A building that will be a true asset to your life and a great investment for the future
Detached garden rooms, attached extensions, school rooms, nursery schools… wherever you live in the UK (and beyond!) you will be reassured by the service and skills that Swift have to offer.